Saturday, February 9, 2008

Getting back on the horse, so to speak...

January was busy, and I fell behind reporting on our activities in part because I have misplaced the cable to download photos from the camera to the computer. Well, I bought a new cable and so I am ready to get back to blogging.
We went to the Ft. Worth Stockshow parade opening weekend. It was chilly and the boys wanted to be lifted up to see. Briefly (very briefly) I had Aidan on my shoulders and Austin in my arms. They could see the horses, wagons, stagecoaches, cowboys and cowgirls, but I couldn't see a thing.

RIDE 'EM COWBOYS


Ed took the boys to the Stockshow with some of their friends (James and Rachel). Aidan's favorite animals were the baby ducklings sliding down a tiny waterslide. Austin liked the 10 baby piglets that were fighting to get a spot at one of Mommy pig's 8 nipples. But both boys' favorite time was on the rides and eating in the carnival area.



We moved the boys into a bedroom together (into Ed's old office). We repainted the ceiling, but couldn't agree on painting the walls, so we just moved the boys stuff in. Now Aidan has his "Fat Head" on the wall - the #8 race car. I didn't realize that I would be hanging an 8 foot King of Beers ad on the wall. Alas, if Aidan was 13 I might not have done it, but for now - it's just a red race car.

CAR NUT

No comments: